When you start the Core Client it starts connecting to other Nav Coin nodes (Core Clients) over the internet. The connection count (active connections) tells you to how many nodes your client is connected to at the moment. It may take a while to find more than 1 active connection (give it a couple minutes).
If your connection count stays quite low (below 4 active connections), you can increase the active connections to the Nav Coin network by following these steps:
- Exit the Core Wallet, make sure it is completely shut down before continuing.
- Open the NavCoin4 folder.
- Create the file navcoin.conf if there isn’t one. If there is open it with an editor of your choice.
- Go the NavCoin block explorer and click on “node list” next to the most recent wallet version.
- Copy all lines from the popup that appears and add them at the bottom of your navcoin.conf file.
- Save the file and start up NavCoin Core again.